Pro Am Open Division

I'm a bit confused. The rules for the open division state "Trailer their boat and fish from their favorite port." Does this mean you don't have to fish from the port the Pro Am is begin held?

OPEN DIVISION

Leave and return when ever they want

In Weigh-in line Noon

Another question I have is the weigh in time? What's the reason the weigh in is so early, NOON. This does not leave a lot of time for fishing. One would have to pull rods and run back to port after only a few hours of fishing.

I think the weigh in should be 1:30.

The Pro time is "in weigh in line 3:30".

The Amature time is "in weigh in line 2:30".

Open division is "In Weigh-in line Noon".

I think the part you're quoting regarding leaving a specific port isn't actaully part of the "rules". It's listed under "open events" which summarizes who the new open division is targeted to.

Under the Rules menu it says:

Tournament Limits: Teams must enter and exit from assigned ports ONLY.

I believe you can night fish after 12:01 am, so PLENTY of time for fishing. It is more of a beer league....low stress and fun. I might have to try it one of these times. I like the idea that I could try night fishing, come in, get breakfast, go out and fish some more.

In Weigh-in line Noon

Another question I have is the weigh in time? What's the reason the weigh in is so early, NOON. This does not leave a lot of time for fishing. One would have to pull rods and run back to port after only a few hours of fishing.

I think the weigh in should be 1:30.

The Pro time is "in weigh in line 3:30".

The Amature time is "in weigh in line 2:30".

Open division is "In Weigh-in line Noon".

I agree completely and brought this point up here on this board when the rules came out in the spring. This was the main reason I did not fish the Niagara event. Seems to me that if you only need to seperate the PROs from the AMs by 1 hour, then you should be able to do the same with the open guys.

Hopefully they will fix this for next year. The open division holds a lot of promise. Most of the entries of the open at Niagara were new teams, not AM refugees.

Gentlemen,

I think you can fish from any port on the lake you want as long as you are in the weigh-in line by noon. I think it's one of the best things going - I only hope that they offer an Open Division for Wayne County.

As it stands now, there is no Open Division for the Wayne or Oswego tournaments (at least according to the website).

http://www.lakeontarioproam.net/openevents.html

- Chris

For those of you wanting to know if there will be an open division for Wayne and Oswego....the answer is YES. I have the paper sitting right here stating the open division deadline for Wayne County is July 10th 2009. Oswego County is July 3rd 2009.

I am glad this division has been well received. I remember when I first pitched the idea to you guys and the committee, not many of you really responded to the idea, but the committee thought enough of it to give it a shot. My original post was as follows. They just changed it up a tad :yes: IMO...It's definitely not the same as fishing the "pro" or "am" division. Those wanting to experience the true "Pro Am experience" should still consider fishing the Am division. The open is a great division if you don't want to deal with the observer (which is not the big deal some of you make it out to be...btw) or you just want to get your feet wet and see what the Pro Ams are like. Fish whatever division suits you best :yes::yes:

While talking with Dave and Chris, and listening to their reasoning for considering a "revamping" of the Armature division, I countered with a different plan that I think would be a good alternative, while keeping the current Am division unchanged. I'm not sure how they felt about my suggestion, but they listened.

My Proposed changes were as follows:

Pro Division stays "as Is" with the entry fee still @ $500 with no major rule changes

Current Armature division is renamed Semi Pro Division with an entry fee of $300 and no major rule changes from the "current" Pro Am rules.

To draw new entrants:

A "new" Armature division is added to the event, with an entry fee of $100.

No Observer and no boat size restrictions in this division. This division would be simple with very limited rules. It could be a "Biggest fish" division with prize money going out to the winners of both day one AND day two, with a trophy and prizes going to the overall big fish winner of the event as well. I propose the teams should consist of three team members, though I'm sure two man teams would be acceptable.

That's my "basic" idea of how we can get more teams involved, without dismantling the current structure.

Please feel free to add to this proposal...or post your own thoughts and/or Ideas that the committee can consider over the winter