Pro-Am "Open" Division HELP!

Can anyone help clarify the Open division format rules and if the "rumors" of an Open Division for the Wayne County or Oswego County Pro-Am are true or not?

As I understand it, an Open entrant can fish anywhere on the lake as long as their fish are entered in the appropriate port for the tournament on the day specified. Specifically my questions are:

1.) Clarification on the location of fishing

2.) Maximum number of fish per boat which can be caught

3.) Species breakdown of the fish targeted

I realize there has been some discussion on this lately, but I'm still a bit confused.....

Thanks very much,

- Chris

Hi Chris,

The open division Is a go at Wayne and Oswego...always has been. Deadline for entry is July 3rd for Oswego and July 10th for Wayne.

There are not many set rules. You must be in Weight in by 12 noon. My understanding is that since there is no way to enforce rules, You can fish anywhere within lake Ontario in which allows you the means to make the weigh in time. It's your big 3 fish, one of which can be a lake trout. The other two could be any combination of legal size Coho, King or Atlantic Salmon, brown trout or Steelhead.

Minimum size for steelhead is 21 ½ inches.

Minimum size for Atlantic salmon is 25 ½ inches.

Minimum size for all other trout and salmon is 18 inches.

You can catch as many as allowed by nys law, determined by the number of licensed fisherman on your boat. You can only have 3 to be weighed in. Fish must be caught the day of the event....I'd expect the weigh master would question white gills, etc :o

Hope this helps. If you would like for me to get better clarification, Or a more "official" clarification, I can contact Dave Turner for you....just pm me. This is my assumption of the rules and I'm pretty certain about them. That being said, I'm not associated with the committee in any way other than being "a voice and a set of ears" for both the committee and the Am/open division participants.

Rod/Ray,

Thank you both for your help - this was perfect. ;);):yes::yes::beer::beer:

As always this site continues to amaze me with the timely replies and great advice!

Thanks again guys,

- Chris

do ya think the boat still has to be 18ft?

No boat size restrictions in the open division

was on wayne co. pro-am web site it said sign up was fri. 5 pm deadline for oswego june 26 and fri. july 3 5 pm. for wayne co

Those dates are for the Pro and Armature divisions. The dates I posted are the accurate deadline dates for the "open division" Deadline for entry in the open division is July 3rd for Oswego and July 10th for Wayne.