Keuka 6/28

I should have stayed in bed cuz I brought out the skunk! Looked like a banner morning to be on the water, got to Keuka Lake State Park launch at 5:30am with the wind light and variable. I decided to set up in front of the state park after seeing some marks 60- 70' down. Got the riggers parked at 60' and 70', surface temp was 66* and down temp was 50* at 60'. I found some marks up higher so after about 10 minutes I moved 1 rigger up to 40' range and found 1 line full of fleas! Decided to pull the rigger rods and they were full of fleas. I switched over to wire divers and the light and variable wind was gone and changed to strong winds out of the south. Ran big weenie flies and spin dr's for a bit with no hits. The wire divers weren't down for more than 20 minutes and they were full of fleas too. I changed back to the riggers with flea flicker line and try to save the day. No suck luck. The last straw was when I was cleaning the fleas off the wire and a bunch flung off the wire and hit me in the face :@. Pulled the riggers with flea flicker that were also full of fleas and off the water at 7:45am.

After only 15 minutes in the water

waterflea.jpg

Better luck next time. Off to Seneca on 6/29 with Jason and looking forward to it :clap:

Beware of "Flea Nose"....a condition caused by accidentally wiping you nose when you have fleas on your hand. You will smell the stink all day. Try at least #30lb line to keep the fleas away.