Finders Keepers : Fishing Report

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): (6-29-09)

Time on Water: (3:00 PM – 6:30 PM)

Temp/Weather: (75°F and partly cloudy)

Wind Speed/Direction: (light & variable)

Waves: (Calm)

Surface Temp: (68°F)

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: (4)

Total Boated: (2)

Species Breakdown: (2 Skippy Kings)

Hot Lure: (Wonderbread, Green NBK Mag, Orange Crush, Dirty White Boy)

Trolling Speed: (2.1 - 2.5 mph)

Boat Depth: (100 - 135 ft)

Lure Depth: (60 - 80 ft)

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Went out for an afternoon trip today. Got on the water at 3pm and set-up in 65 fow NW of Port Bay. Marked a TON of bait and fish hugging the bottom, with an occational suspended fish 25 - 65 ft down. Set the first wire on a #2 setting and let it out with a stinger wonderbread spoon 180 ft. Then as I let out the 2nd wire rod the first one starting bouncing and we landed the first skippy king. Reset the wire and started on the rigger rods. After setting the first rigger at 80 ft the 2nd wire got slammed, but after a short fight it spit the hook. It felt like a decent fish, maybe 10-15 lbs. That one was out 240 ft on #2 pulling a green NBK mag and we were over 115 fow. We then worked the 80 to 140 fow range with no hits, so we ventured out deeper to 180 fow and saw nothing on the screen from 140 to 180 fow, so we turned to come back in to the shallower waters holding the bait. As we made the turn, our outside planer line fired and a nice chromer was flipping and dancing across the water. Again, after a short fight and a great 4 ft leap in the air it threw the hook. That one hit an orange crush NK28 with 3 split shots 125 ft behind the board. Once we made it back into the shorter waters I pulled the 72 ft rigger rod to change lures and felt the 2nd skippy king. Who knows how long we were pulling him around! :$ Soon after that a severe T-storm erupted over Sodus and came charging at us with some serious lightning bolts and we called it quits. We ran the riggers from 45 to 110 ft with sliders or stackers without a touch other than the skippy king at 72 ft. Not a bad day, but I wish I could have been out there for the morning bite!

Tim nice report did you run any flasher and fly setups today and did you mark any bigger fish tonight..... I was going to try to get out on thursday am but the wife just informed I have to run my daughter to the orthodontist at 8:45 so I would like to just get a late start on thursday or fish the evening... I got your message and I am working now... I will be in touch to setup our plans for the week...... Dale.

Hey Dale - I did try running some echips/flies (white/white, green/green, NBK/crazy b****), but no takers - everything came on spoons. I did mark some large fish close to the bottom, but most of the suspeded fish were smaller. The fleas are also starting to show up. I'll be awaiting your call to see when we can get out!