dunkirk 7/5

times two

Well, mother nature finally let off after 3 days of winds. We had a couple hours, so decided to take a peak with my 8 yr old son....ended up going 4/4 on the walleye in just over and hour and a half. Generally seemed good across the board today.

Dreamweaver WD "Buffalo Bill" on the 55 rigger; perch chattersticks on the divers.

140 back on 3.

Weather permitting...back out in the morning....

John

I've been buying mine at Bill's Hooks, on Route 5 just west of

Dunkirk.....they are like $6 a pop, and crap for paint quality...but they work!

John

All small 'sticks. Perch or silver/black have been best for me...got a few

on the blue. If you go to Bill's, tell him I sent you...always good for a little pr... :)

I do know a couple of guys that have run the bigger ones, and the traditional

style renosky's....but I haven't much this year...

John

John-I ran the big and small 'stix last year along with the regular Renoskys. The smaller chatterstix outfished the larger ones (and the blue/silver outfished the blk/silver) and the larger Renoskys outfished the smaller ones! Nothing like the fish telling you what they like!

Thank you for the reports-I will be up there in 2 weeks.

Walteye

Salmonite...glad he got you all set. They've been a great bait so far this year. Add to that....the last

two days out we've had bait spit up in the box, and it's really close to the size of the chattersticks!

Walteye, I hear you. One day you can't catch a fish except on perch...next day blue. Go figure.

We are definitely behind as far as temps, so I think its going to really get going here pretty soon.

Got a charter friday, then the Ameracan Tournament Sat/Sun, so we hopefully will have some real

solid information for you.

John

Salmonite:

We're running this fri-sat-sun; I'll post reports and then next Sunday, so far

for sure. Feel free to email me or give me a call. I'll give you what I know....

John

John.. I sure appreciate your reports! We'll be out there this coming Thursday thru Monday. We launch out of Barcelona, but usually troll to Dunkirk.. really looking forward to it! My buddy out there has some "doctored" chattersticks for me. He takes the hooks off and tosses them.. put two coats of clear laquer on them.. then decent hooks. Says they last much longer that way. Joe make some fantastic baits.. not sure why he doesn't put a better hook and finish on them. Thanks again. maybe we'll catch you out there! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)