Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
akorol

pier fishing for smallmouths

Does anybody know what can be cuaght off the summerville or charlotte piers this time of year. I have seen posts about catching smallmouths. Would it be worth it to try over the weekend. And if not here are there any other shore fishing opportunities to catch smallmouth. Any help would be very appreciated.

i caught smallmouths in the oswego river mouth from the sidewalk whene there was ice coming down on a white jig fishing for steelhead on more than one occasion in march.

During the summer months, you can walk-troll a small rapala along the pier walls and catch largemouth at the Olcott piers, so I am sure you can do the same at any of the piers along lake O. Just make a long cast parallel to the pier, walk with an open bail after you have let out more line, close the bail and take a stroll from end to end holding the rod tip down along the wall.

Do what Gill-T said off Summerville now & you'll be surprised what you can catch. You may even run into a big Brown. :yes:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ms twisters work great. try this bite off a 4th of the head of a 3 inch twister an ur bites will double