Sandy w/ family 07/20 eve.

With the combination of nice weather(finally)and the inspiration of the father that is on a journey to fish 50 states in 50 days, I decided to take the wife and kids for a evening fishing trip. By the way: Congrats to JAX on his very productive day with the above mentioned father and son team. They boated 10 fish and gave them a trip of a lifetime. For more information check out http://www.fish5050.com click on the "our journey" link and click New York Sate. JAX, you did an awesome job creating a lasting memory for them. Way to go!!!

We set lines at 7pm in 180ft. I let the boys pick their favorite lures. The oldest(6) picked a "bloody nose". Set that down 92 and the youngest(5) picked "chicken wing" set down 102. As I was setting the chicken wing down, the "bloody nose" went: Fish On! After getting the kids set to reel, we lost it ;(

After a little while the kids wanted to change lures. This time it was yellow die hard and a nbk. A few minutes later, my wife says" Lou, what is going on with that one?" Now I have heard many words to describe a fish on, but I have to admit, that is the first time I ever heard those words. Again, I got the kids in the chairs. They both took turns reeling the fish in. As we were about to net it, it spit the hook. :devil:

Within in few minutes, the wire went (320 out spinny/siggs) There was no way the kids could handle this. So this time it was the wife's turn. After a good 15 minute fight she pulled in a nice 18 lb king.

The kids were excited to catch one of their own, so we changed lures again. This time they picked froggy green glow and another nbk. We ended up pulling fish off both of the spoons. My boys each got a turn reeling in a 14lb and a dink about 3 lbs.

As the sun set, my wife and kids were both excited and tired. What a great way to spend an evening. As we were driving home my youngest son said " Dad, I really had fun fishing in your boat, can we do it tomorrow night?!"

There is no paid charter in the world that can come close to an experience like this. This truly is what fishing is all about.

Fish ended up coming between 185-210 ft. Good temps down 95-105.

Lou

GTN

50590610.th.jpg

Awesome report bud! My old man let us run the back of the boat when we were younger. I would tape up all sorts of spoons, and they would work! Just hope your kids dont become fishing fanatics like me.....well....actually it isn't too bad. I mean it kept me from doing the dead end night scene for a lot of years!

YT, I tell you, sometimes it's better to throw out all the rhyme or reason to why we select specific lures. The kids seem to do pretty good without having all the "knowledge" to cloud their judgment.. It was an awesome night for them. I just hope that it sticks with them for many years to come.

Lou

Awesome story! Gave me goosebumps, although we aren't going fishing this weekend my son and I are going to camp cutler to spend the weekend with the scouts...thanks for sharing and your right that is "what its all about "

Tom