Sandy Creek Silver Fox reprt 7/24

As Rob said, the cold water was in this morning and we didn't mark too much all day, but the fishing was fantastic. We finished the day 15-23 with at least 8 kings 15lb-26.5lb's, the rest were bows,2 year old kings and a 12lb laker. The fishing shut off at about 11am. At about 1pm we leveled off at about 45' and did 2 matures and a bow on 7 color lead w/ a mag blue/silver dreamweaver. Most of the days fishing was between 65' and 80fow 1 mile west of the creek. Riggers were going w/ stingray gators and nbk's 30-50' down. The 10 color lead was smokin during the morning w/ a purple/chart./glow fishlander. It was mostly a spoon bite today even on the dipsy's @ 50' out w/ a mag blk/silver dreamweaver. We only did a couple fish today on the green/silver smartfish @ a 8:00 setting.

BTW: I was resetting the smartfish on the outside rigger and was letting it down when SLAM! I had a bow rocket out of the water right at the back of the boat! It hit at about 8-10' down as I was lowering it to 30'! That was cool. :o

No pictures today cause the lightning messed it up. (I'm on my wife's laptop)

Good luck this weekend as I am done till next weekend.

Done til next weekend? That hurts! Cause it's not bad fishing out there...and it's always nice to be able to turn kings at the top of the water column. We had one yesterday that nearly tore the Scotty rod holder off the boat, it hit so hard-100' copper. Nice aerial show, too.

After we left the pack we headed East and had a pick the whole way down. I can't say that there was any one honeyhole or particular presentation that stood out; definately a spoon bite, though. The riggers, coppers and dipseys all took hits, anywhere from 50' down to the surface. The fish must have been on the move, as the few times we tried to circle marks they were nowhere to be found.

We'll be out this morning and, weather permitting, tomorrow as well.

Gator