I had my friend John and his son Joe out with me today out of Olcott. we had a good day. Set down in 50 FOW and immediately had a great picture so we started trolling North west and setting lines. Trolled all the way out to 270 and took 1 nice steelhead on a slider on the 50 foot rigger, ss nbk. At 270 we turned back in and started trolling SW back towards the red barn. Shortly after completing the turn, nice mature on a stingray NBK on the wire diver, 100 back on a 2. Ended up working a N and S troll all day ending up a little East of the Microwave.

We ended up with 14 or 15 fish landed of 20 bites. Boxed a mix of mature and teenage kings, some nice coho in the 7-8 lb range and a couple steelies. Released a number of other steelhead.

John's son Joe got his first 20+ lb king today.

Early on, the NBK spoons were on fire, but they dried up fairly quickly. As the sun came up, flashers and flies started taking over mountain dew SD with green crinkle howie took 6 hits on the probe rigger down 70. Wire diver back 160 with various flashers took a number of hits and the 400 foot copper took hits both with a green 8" hot spot flasher and green crinkle fly and green double crush glow SD and Atommik T86 Packer Fly.

Pretty much anything green got bit today, NK28 watermelon took multiple hits on the rigger at 50 and 40 feet.

here's a few pics

John with the first mature, 22 lbs

P8010001.jpg

Joe with his 20.5 lb king

P8010005.jpg

we had a hitchhiker for a while today

P8010006.jpg

Today's box

P8010010.jpg

Tim

Thanks for your helpful report. :yes::yes: I'm heading up to Olcott for the first time next Friday-Sunday.

Trying to get a spin doctor game together here in Cleveland...sounds like they are doing well all over the lake. I'm counting the days while re-spooling the gear.

Nice job Tim, I was trying to get you on the radio yesterday on 68. We were in the same area but we got out later than you. We could only fish for a couple of hourd anyway. Darn family get togethers.

Maybe we will catch up next week end.

Shade

Hi Howie, the LOTSA guys usually all talk on channel 10 so that's where my radio was parked. Usually to much nonsense chatter for me to listen to 68, I even took both that one and 72 (all Canadian rag boaters on that one) out of my radio's scan.

Tim