I have a Raymarine DS500X color fish finder and lately when I turn up the gain to rspectable levels, a message displays and says transducer is disconnected and it forces me to restart it and lower the gain to about 65%. I can't really see the balls, with that low of gain. Any suggestions? How about you Yankee Troller or Longline. You guys run this unit don't you?

Nope....mine Chit the bed this spring. I'm down to my Furuno CRT (which clouds out once the RPMs are raised in a chop or current, and a chitty Lowrance. I HATE Lowrance products! Anyway, we are re-powering over the winter.

AS for your unit....I used to get that message when the transducer cable did come out. Terrible way to connect that transducer wire on that unit. Other than that it was a decent unit. I used to run it on a manual gain ranging from 70-80% gain. Dual freq w/ the split screen.

Reel Drag,

I have the DS600X and have never had that problem. Do you take your unit on and off often? Maybe you have a loose connection at the transducer plug? I believe Tom B. AKA Longline has the same FF as you - maybe he can offer input if he reads this or you can PM him.

YT - I thought bass fisherman LOVED Lowrance products? That is all you see them use on TV anyway...

Joe - Yes I have that unit. Only time I've had that message is when the plug came loose. Used to happen after boat did some pounding at higher speeds. (fixed by wrapping a little electrical tap around cord & tying off on side of bracket.) Knock on wood, haven't had any problems. Does it happen in one mode more than others? i.e auto fishing, cruising, trolling?

Tom B.

(LongLine)