shoot thru hull tranducer on aluminum boat

jim_wny

Has any one tried to use a shoot thru the hull tranducer on an aluminum boat

I've read about a vexilar transducer that is supposed to work with a variety of different makes of fishfinders. But would like to hear from someone who has successfully used a shoot thru the hull on an aluminum boat.

I'm open for other ideas mounting a transom mount transducer but having a great deal of trouble getting a clean image over 5 - 6 mph

Thanks

Jim

Aluminum does not have the same density that water has and so far there are no transducers that will go through aluminum and give a reading.Fiberglass on the other hand has no problems at all and the transducer can be a through hull.

I am installing the vex "thru hull" unit in my 16' to use w/ a vex unit for jigging, etc. I have a regular Lowrance dual frequency sonar in the boat all ready, so this flasher setup will be my front sonar. I will post the results.

A while back I when the green box came out I shoot through the hull with out a problem. Just fiber glassed a small can to the bottom of the boat, added water and droped the transducer in it. It worked fine and I think the new models would work just as well. :yes: .