Fishhawk X4 Install

Shade

We just purchased a new Fishhawk X4 and before I install I would like some opinions from anyone that has one. I have a 26' Formula, 90" beam and trim tabs. On the starboard side I have a transducer installed for an A60 Raymarine GPS/Depthfinder combo.

My questions are can I mount the trasducer on the same side as Raymarine? Can I mount the Transducer on the Trim tab(saw transducers mounted on trim tab on a boat at Boat Doctors in Olcott)? Do I need any additions to secure or add to the probe to inhance its performance?

Any and all opinions or experience would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Howie

I have the transducers split one on each side of the transom (sonar & FH), to prevent possible interference. My FH (840 with the new probe) reads down to 300', requires no coated cable to continuially be damaged each & every time you operate the rigger, or fail in the middle of an improtant trip. Coated cable contributes to blow back because it is so much thicker, & it is pricey & not available everywhere!!! DR's are OK if you like to have limitations in the use of the DS & DT unit.

like icy said seperate the two just to elemanate readings error,maybe it wont interfere with the fishfinder on mounted next to each other but my lawrance does,...(i was too cheep to buy the extionsion cord for my 22 ftr).billy you should read the reviews there not to bad..... another nice thing with the hawk is the abilty to finetune(adjust)all readings so its 99.9% precise,sometimes ya gotta be smarter than the shovel.

I would do what iceman says and split the transducers for the FF and the fish hawk. My fish finder interfears with my fish hawk. My transducers are next to each other. I have the old 840 so maybe it's different now but to be on the safe side split them.

If at all possiable, keep the transducers apart. The Fish Hawk operates at a frequency in the 70's and your Raymarine is 50 or 200 and they should not interfere if they are next to each other, but distance between them will insure that they do not.

As for trimtabs, if you mount your transducer on the tabs you will have to make sure that the transducer is "looking" at the probe when you are using it. You will also have to make sure that the transducer does not interfere with the operation of the trimtabs.

Currently, I have my tranducer on a temporary mount that kicks up a great rooster tail when I am underway, but it costs me about 300 rpms and 6 kts on my top speed, you would not want to mount it permenently like this. I see that as a risk to trimtab mounting.

Dont worry, once you get it installed you will have no problems with it and you will enjoy never having to deal with coated cables, fleas in your antenna, having to move your release around or all those other PITA stuff that the cheaper units come with as baggage!!!

CC