all the info on this site is great i wish i could get up there to fish the lake more often but i live about 4hrs away. that being said i like to make the most of my time when i am there, i was wondering if anyone can recommend a good book about trolling the big lake for salmon and steelies. I am not a beginner but not a veteran either so i was looking for something semi advanced, (not something that tells me how a downrigger works you know what i mean). also I have an airbrush gun and was wondering were i could purchase the paint used to paint spoons, or the brand as well as the decals or ladders and stuff for the spoons. any help would really be appreciated.

Although an old book written about the Finger Lakes called ( to the best of my recollection) Fishing the Finger Lakes for Fabulous Trout and Salmon written by a guy named Earl Holdren is a warehouse of information applicable to most bodies of water containing trout and salmon. A good read and adjust to your specific body of water. Lots of stuff about thermocline and how fish relate to it as structure, light and color considerations as well with specifics about the Finger Lakes. I learned a lot from this old book. Tough to find but well worth seeking out.

Do an internet search for tackle or lure making supplies. Places like jannsnetcraft have online catalogs. Just browse the catalog & if you don't like the prices then just do searches with the name of the brand or item that interests you.

Tom B.

(LongLine)