Source and identity of spoons

qkalaker

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find the manufacturer and a retail source for a spoon stamped "J & L" and "2" on the back. The ones I have left are painted white on the "back" side and have two different colors of tape on the front. I'd post pictures, but I cant get the links to cooperate with me. Can anyone help me??

Thanks to all!

That looks like an "Ontario Flasher". If I'm not mistaken another board members father and a friend used to make them. Give Yodamage a PM and see if that's what it is. I have a few left but don't run them much any more. We did used to catch fish on them years ago.

Rick

• 7 months later...

It is an Ontario Flasher.

Some free tips to anyone who still has any from years of running them:

Size 0 runs great SLOW, 2 or less. Also, gotta run them real short, 5' from the ball. Don't try to run them faster as they will not catch a thing. I've got a few, Chrome/Black, Chrome/White with half tape faces that will kill lakers if you care to. I don't usually, heh. Funny enough, almost every mistake Bass or Walleye I ever caught was on a J&L 0 even when I had other lures out.

Size 1 and 2 run great fairly fast, 2.5 to 3.2. The 1's also have an interesting action chasing a dodger. I've killed Bows with white both sided, pink/green taped fronts on those flat bright summer days when no one is doing anything but swatting flies. I've also done coho damage with them. Occasional King on a 2, but honestly I don't think they compare to other options (Plugs, Flies, Spinners, NK's, etc...). That said, when I target Kings I usually mix it up more then I do when going trout hunting.

Size 3 don't run for a damn and they were only made for a year or two. We tried tweaking the bend on them nut they always spun or basically made a mess. (I have some of the strangest lure prototypes ever, I'll post some pics some day). If you have any 3's...chuck em.

I have about 500...maybe 1000 of lures, blanks etc around the house so if ya see me, let me know if you want/need a few. I'll never burn through them all, I'll share for a :beer: