Short evening trip on Cayuga 9/20 w/ pics

Billy V

I took the kids out after dinner for a quick 30 minute troll tonight and we found several Lakers that were ready to play. Best depth for us was 350FOW on the West side South of Taughannock and we took fish on our Walker Deeper Divers out 250' & 275' on a #2 setting. We had plenty bait & hooks on the Humminbird, and if it wasn't a school night and we could have stayed longer I'm pretty sure we could have loaded up on the lake trout. Our green Spin Dr/Siggs Green Hypnotists and White Spin Dr/Siggs Glow Ghosts were just what they wanted tonight. It was such a quick trip that I didn't even bother with the speed & temp probe so I can't tell you what our down speed was, but the boys and my wife and I had a great time and enjoyed the great weather and good fishing.

Fishing2009130.jpg

Fishing2009131.jpg

Fishing2009134.jpg

Looks like your gang had a great time. We went out yesterday from Taughannock, (that bridge is a tight squeeze, was it high tide?), from 10-1:30. My wife was ready to throw the fishfinder overboard as we kept marking loads of fish but no takes. I'm guessing the high bright sun and lots of boat traffic worked against us as we were working flies and spoons between 80-110 and higher spoons at 40-60. We avoided the shutout at the end when a fingerling rainbow grabbed a spoon 10 feet behind the boat as I was picking up. My boys really wanted tto catch a rainbow to seee what it looks like with the colors, so Dad delivered, sort of. After the spawn does a little feeding push go for the next few weeks? I'm thinking midday is beautiful for a boat ride when its sunny, but like any othe fishing, just not productive.

Greg

I was definitely twittering out there. Real-time fishing reports...how cool! :rofl::rofl:

Oh, and this goes out to the dim-witted blowboater who wasn't paying any attention at all as my 4 year-old was fighting a fish on a wire diver out 250' behind the boat....put your wine glass down, watch where you're going, pay attention to others around you and exercise some common sense! When someone waves you off, it's probably for good reason. :@:@:@:@