the old ESLO derby?

line guy

what was the story for eslo to stop having derbys I was asked and really didnot have a good answer? I thought the bussiness was sold and those partners had it for a year or two,but what ever happened? "just the facts" I can remember the grady white all decked out as a kid and seeing the armada of boats in front of the genny. I was on the pier casting cleos for the grand prize!!!

LG - I was one of the 350 boats off the genny in those years. I remember the Rev. Modish winning the 1st one with a 5 Lb salmon that captured a 14ft aluminum boat. It went from being a Monroe county sponsored thing to a private thing then was sold again when the originator passed away. (Dick Schlyer...sp)

And I'm still miffed at Monroe County & the City of Rochester for not stepping up to it.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I think dick had it running good for alot of years. I think that is what put the rest of the derbys,pro ams,scotty derbys on the lake every weekend. did the loc buy the "rights" for the eslo . or are they not related?

Tom,

I agree with you 100%. Monroe County is the only county boarding Lake O that could give 2 sh*ts about fishing or fishing derbies. Look at Oswego, Orleans, Wayne Jefferson, Cayuga and Niagara Counites. They promote fishing. All Monroe County and the City of Rochester cares about is fast ferries and performing arts centers. It is truly sad.