Total Boated: 5

Species Breakdown:1 coho, 2 kings, 2 steelhead

Hot Lure: watermelon J-plug for salmon...flasher fly combos for steelhead

Trolling Speed: 2.5- 2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 20 ft to 525 ft

Lure Depth:17 ft kings and coho....90- 100 steelheads

====================

Amanda went to ride horse with Cher so Chris and I went out Saturday morn and started out at the breakwall with a j-plug spread on the outboard and inboard riggers and a flatline jointed rebel off the outrigger. Just as we cleared the east jetty we encountered Capt Carl with a hookup at the breakwall. We watched as he netted a nice king for his clients. Chris was first on a release off the downriggers and brought in a nice Coho salmon taken on a watermelon j-plug #4 in 23 fow 15 feet down on a 100 ft lead. We trolled until about 10:30 without too much happening so we picked up and ran offshore to the waypoints from two days ago for some steelheads. We changed lures to dipsey flasher flies and spoons off the downriggers. Dipsy divers on braid out 290 and 270 feet were firing with steelhead. One rip and a miss then two fish to the boat. One 8.5 lbs the other undersized and returned. The bite only lasted the typical 1 hour window and we trolled for hours without anymore action so we were weary of the rollers coming from the NE and ran back tot he 20 fow at the wall again just before dark. We were greeted by a screen lit up with bait and hooks all over the front of the wall and we were able to grab a couple more kings before the darkness set in. At one point we had all the lines out of the water for hits and fish coming to the boat. It was short lived as the daylight faded and the fish were not hitting any more. One thing we noticed was the length of the lead off the ball made a big difference in the number of hits. The screen showed several fish streaking to the ball but we originally had long leads of 100 feet in the 20 foot depths and were not getting many hits. We shortened up to 30 foot leads and immediately began getting hits and hookups mostly on j-plugs trolled 2.4 to 2.5 mph.

Mark

====================

TsxTmqJ.jpg

TsxTrq0.jpg

TsxTtV9.jpg

TsxTwpi.jpg

TsxTDTJ.jpg

TsxTLn9.jpg

TsxTVlJ.jpg

TsxU4ki.jpg

Way to go Mark. Wish I had known i would have went with ya. My boats been out for 3 weeks now :(;(

Beat me with a stick Mick, I sorta shoulda thought quicker and called ya the night before, but I looked at the clock and it was late so I didn't want to bother you. I wasn't sure what the lake was gonna be like either but it wasn't too bad. 4-6 swells and breaking 2 footers on top on the offshore. I saw yer boat was missing from the dock, wasn't sure if ya were out or not.

Mark

It's nice Stan, we can actually rub the bottom and not loose our balls :$ lures get some clams on them though. sometimes we get hung on the bottom, not often but I have yet to have to break off a lure. Just backtrack and it usually pulls right off.