Seneca Lake perch

Fishin Ed

December on till April, for me a good spot is Severne(free), just North of the launch.........unload boat fish in the nearest bay (within 100 yds) look for the "floatilla" of boats that are together, if you live locally just visit the launch on & off, when the boats get off shore approx 100' I usually hit it! :talk::yes:

Greg,

I used to fish small minnows 20 years ago, but much has changed since the zebra mussel. And i used small grubs on an ice fishing jig. If you can get your hands on some oak leaf grubs, they keep very well over the winter and are about the best bait you can have for Seneca perch..

Your right, in my previous fishing life we dealt with lampreys, but no zebra mussels. So even in open water it's best to vertical jig? Interesting. I'm guessing you drift until you start catching fish then drop anchor? 20-50 FOW on a shelf?

Greg

We usually fish in 40 FOW, hittin the weed beds, finese fishing style 2 hooks #4's, Smoky Joe grubs, watermelon color, pencil weight at the bottom ...1/2 ounce, cast out, work back to the boat slowly & always in contact with the bottom, A GREAT USE OF FIRELINE CRYSTAL 8#, will outfish minnows day in & day out!, like I said, especially if you live so close to Severne!, visit daily you'll see the "floatilla" of boats out there & when their a cast away from shore docks ( a little more, but not much more) HIT IT!

:rofl: I must have been thinking about that laker in the smoker out back :lol: , anyhow use to use the small Northland slurpies in watermelon & or pumpkin seed, Bass Pro use to carry them, but I see they & Northland no longer carry them :( , I probably will be using Southern Pro's Original Lil Hustlers in pumpkin seed this year http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/ ... m?PID=1312 if I find something better I'll let ya know :yes: