Lake Ontario Business Declining

muskybob

Great read Bob Thanks.I'm not sure if I'm buying a NY non red. license next year. Make one trip then just stay in my area. Lake Champlain has been putting out some nice fish plus it's cheaper and closer to home Less $ out of my pocket.I heard a rumor that they are going to start making us get our trailers inspected to raise more $$ for my state. I also think a salt water licence is in the works too. So much for a cheap Hobie :) I will still fish New York but not as much I drive over 400 mile one way plus pay for a hotel so it's getting more and more expensive every year. This year wasn't bad but last year with the $$ for gas it cost over $1000 for one trip for me and johnny. It used to be only $ 400 for the 2 of us and that included food.It's getting bad everywhere so I'm lucky I can still fish were I want to. But for how long?I buy 3 non resident licence every year and 1 resident and it keeps getting more and more expensive.But as long as I am employed I will keep doing it :clap: It's a shame that they keep hitting the people that put $$ into everyone pocket because they enjoy the outdoors.

Bob,

I agree but lets take it one step farther and try and get the teams who have stopped competing back. We need to find the root cause of their departure from the Pro/Ams like Tom did in Oswego. It may be as simple as a rule change to get them back.

Shade

Less boats ='s more fish for me, it's OK! This year was great & next year will be too! I mostly do catch, photo, & release, so the fish are there for others to catch again. It was great being able to fish off of the Big Salmon river in the fall LOC & not be cut off by inconsiderate trollers frequently. In the past, you had to be on your toes all of the time to avoid being cut off! In two weeks of fishing there, I only had one close call, & was able avoid being cut off by someone turning behind me right after going by. Pulled wires quick & dropped the DR's deep.

Our NYS gubment is broken, & they will probably kill $$ for the SR hatchery in the near future, so get them while you can. If this happens, I will switch back to walleyes, notherns & muskies, which I only target in the fall now. Remember to vote all incumbents out, as they are lining their pockets, as well as their cronies, $$ donaters, & the low lifes that wait for their monthly check while sitting on the porch with a bottle in a paper bag at 9AM in the morning, everymorning!