Anyone on Keuka lately?

Dave,

I was out Monday 10/12, launched from the state park. Fished from 7am-10am and went 8 for 8 on lakers. Managed 1 double which is fun when I'm by myself and going into the wind. Surface temp was 58*, down temp at 60' was 48* Best spot was just south of the boat launch between 125 and 100 fow, picked up 5 nice lakers there on a big weenie grease trap and white vibrating fly. Downriggers were set at 60' and 70'. There were lots of weeds and junk at the north end in Branchport on Monday so I moved out of there after finding that mess. That was my hot spot last week in 70 fow trolling spoons. Ended up with 4 lakers and 2 small mouth bass that weekend. Hopefully I will be out a few more times this week as I am on vacation but residing my house.

Mike, thanks for the info. Looks like my trip will be 10/22, 23, 24 and 25..for the last one of the year. Long run for me to that end but I may try it. I am just North of the college on the East fork. I think I will try the Bluff early, then troll up your way for a few hours as a general starting pattern.

You been on the water next weekend, might see you. Keep in touch, your info is helpful!

Dave

We must live real close to each other then. I've never really had good luck on the east side except for one time so I pretty much stick to the west fork and sometimes the bluff. The best I ever did on the east side was 2006; 28 lakers, 2 browns (10.5 and 6.6lbs), 1 small mouth and 1 perch in 6 hours. I've never been able to do that again. I was thinking about getting ready to put the boat away for the year after this weekend but maybe I'll try for extra weekend.

Dave,

I was out Monday 10/12, launched from the state park. Fished from 7am-10am and went 8 for 8 on lakers. Managed 1 double which is fun when I'm by myself and going into the wind. Surface temp was 58*, down temp at 60' was 48* Best spot was just south of the boat launch between 125 and 100 fow, picked up 5 nice lakers there on a big weenie grease trap and white vibrating fly. Downriggers were set at 60' and 70'. There were lots of weeds and junk at the north end in Branchport on Monday so I moved out of there after finding that mess. That was my hot spot last week in 70 fow trolling spoons. Ended up with 4 lakers and 2 small mouth bass that weekend. Hopefully I will be out a few more times this week as I am on vacation but residing my house.

Mike,

How far back were you running the grease trap?

What color blades?

What length leader on the fly?

We fish from the south end and are looking to add to our winter shopping list of what works in the FL's

I may venture up to the west end Saturday or Sunday morning at first light. I have 3/4 of a tank and need to burn it up before it starts getting real cold.

John

Good Morning,

How did you guys do this weekend? Cold as heck I think, from what I heard. My last trip will be this weekend coming up, starting Thursday. Pulling the boat Sunday I think.

Does time of day really matter this time of year? I have found it does not, but would like to hear your thoughts. Since the sun is so low, not as much effect on the fish depth.

Might see you out there next weekend....

Ever on the radio?

Dave

I went to Seneca with jason, kremer01 and his son. Jason posted the report, seneca 10/18. Great times on the water and it's great to meet/fish with members from this site. It wasn't too cold but more wind that the weatherman predicted. Unfortunately I have some stuff coming up this weekend so I think I will clean the boat and get it off to the marina to have it winterized :( . Going to be a long winter. I don't have a radio on my boat but I'm sure that can be on my needs/wants list for next year. Good luck out there!

We left the dock in Hammondsport at 6:20AM Sunday, fished the south end for awhile, then we headed up to the State Park and picked up two on the bluff side with the downrigger's at 90-100' over 160' on Sutton's. They were around 9AM, so time may not be a big factor when its cold. Well at least not yesterday...

We always have the radio on, scanning or 68 usually.

John

OK guys, thanks for the info. Mike, I will be dropping mine off at Morgan's on Sunday. For sure, we need to hook up in the Spring.

Giving one more weekend.....weather looks a bit on the windy side, but going to give it a shot, Thursday, Friday and Sat.

Dave