Suggestion on a chartplotter

I prefer Lowrance, many chips available as far as mapping options go and you get alot of bang for your buck. As far as ease of use and easy to read and navigate with while on the water they also get the nod. Ray, Bird, Garmin, Furuno all make good stuff, my biggest gripes with them are hard to use and hard to see what's going on on the screen and easy things like dropping a way point with an icon or finding a distance between 2 not so easy with those units. If not a lowrance Garmin would be my pick for a stand alone chartplotter. Just my opinon though.

Adding a waypoint couldn't be any easier than on a Humminbird. Just push the waypoint button once. As I recall you have to push it twice on a Lowrance. ;) I've owned Lowrance, Eagle, Raymarine, and Humminbird plotters and in my opinion the the Humminbird has the most user-friendly menus by a wide margin. I own a Humminbird 955C that came pre-bundled with every single Navionics Gold+ and Fishing HotSpots charts that they make and I couldn't be happier.

I would have to agree with Billy.

The one other thing I like about my Humminbird is that you can zoom in very close to stay on a track witch I use when out in the dark and my Raymarine will not take me that close.

I also like that Humminbird answers the phone when you call.

My Lowrance Global Map plotter goes down to a screen size of 105' X 105' & tells you how far you are off track by feet right or left. We always challenge the person at the wheel to hit the waypoint with the off track meter at zero. It does get slow at times & this provides some fun! A $99 memory card from them gives great & accurate detail on upstate NY lakes. Ive got about $500 into the system & it has been flawless since new in 2003. & yes I have to hit the waypoint button twice to mark a waypoint, man that really tires me out!

Each waypoint is a fish hookup!

FallLOCSalmonPortOntario9-6-09068.jpg