New Downriggers

Boatino

Personally I like my cannons. The booms are great. I looked at howitzers & mortars but couldn’t launch water balloons nearly as far during combat fishing. Never worried about belts as I use a string tie on my sweat pants and as for speed, they’re as fast as I can crank them.

What’s a Toyota?

;):D

Tom B.

(LongLine)

p.s. 220,000 on my '94 Ranger. 64 miles round trip daily commute & 15 yrs of towing.

:rofl::rofl:

Apples and Oranges - Ford and Mercedes

I've owned Scottys and I now own Cannons. Over and above the Scottys the Cannon DT20's or Digi trolls can all be controlled from the sonar/fishfinder unit. From one downrigger up /down individually to all downriggers up/down. Sure beats a lot of running around. They can also be set up to jig. That is continuously moving the ball and lure up and down at a prescribed distance. The other feature is the bottom contour following control.

If money is a handicap and working a little harder is okay, then Scotty may fit the bill.

You will find that the majority of fishermen are loyal to the brand that they currently own.

Warranties are a definite plus. (But they just don't solve the issues when you are out on the water. I had a plastic brake handle on a Scotty break off. That put that rigger out of commission for the day. Then the next trip out while that one was in the shop, the handle snapped off of the other one. Okay, Scotty fixed both of them for me but they replaced with the same part. This is when I decided to basically give the Scottys away and buy something else. It was two different people who were operating the riggers. Since then possibly Scotty has made a change? I don't know?

Today it seems that the manufacturers are going more beefy with metal supports, spools, arms, etc. Probably because of the greater ball weights being used along with the faster speed of retrieve.