Just a matter of time

Trolling82

Name: Bob

Home Port: Fingerlakes

Boat Name/Type: '82 22ft Cruisers Inc. Sea Devil

I fish for: Trolling on fingerlakes, Spin fishing Chemung River Bass & Walleye, Fly fishing Cohocton River Browns

==================

Hello. Getting heavy into trolling so I'd figure I'd get on here. Been watching these forums for a while and have found some help in them. Just about you name it and I fish it. My big thing is the National Trout Derby on Seneca Lake. Last year I was on the board for most of it but got bumped off on the last day. Going to make it this year! Running an old 1982 22ft Cruisers Inc Sea Devil. Yes it has a stringer outdrive. I have torn that outdrive almost completely apart and put it together. Have a bunch of spare parts. Anyone out there dealing with stringers and wants some info let me know. I run 4 mag10a downriggers and planer boards. This will be my fourth year in the tournament. Have a lot to do though. Just picker this boat up this past summer and need to finish outfitting it. Big item this year is a kicker. For trolling and just in case that stringer outdrive wants to act up on me again I can still make it in to port!

:yes: ray, i think i can manage a bunch of ten footers! :sarcasm: this past summer a guy tossed me ten foot rope to tow him back to the marina down the canal, i was able to manage to dig mine out, and he didnt even say thanks for the tow!!!

Maybe one day I'll get a boat where the main is an outboard and we'll see. Too much trouble to winterize my i/o numerous times. Test - see if my avatar is showing up. Supposed to be my boat but I doubt it's going to show much. Might have to edit it.

True. But now that I'm trying to add a kicker to it I wished I had an outboard instead of an i/o. The brackets are expensive! I'm contemplating welding up my own bracket. Probably be stronger and a lot cheaper. For throttle and steering I'm going to yank the controls of from a scrap boat I have. If I have to I'll just mount a 2nd steering wheel to the right side of the cockpit for the kicker. The only thing I've found is the EZ-Steer and I'm not too impressed with the reviews and free beats $250! Have to look into it some more too see how much work I'm looking at.

you can make one but thats more weight, try ebay, some good deals on there, maybe a local marina might have a used one, i actually think i know of one. my buddy old boat has one on it, not in use anymore, want me to look into it?

They the plastic folding ones? I have a pair of cedar wooden ones. They track awesome. I've heard the plastic ones don't track as well. I have a 6hp evinrude short shaft Billy said he'd be interested in as a trade in. See how much he'll give me for it. I need my taxes back! :D

I've used the Riviera and several other 2x plastic folding boards and the Otter boats and none of these setups pull anything like the heavy duty 2x boards available thru Amish Outfitters(Frank Kittrick). I'm trying to gather info on another setup that might be a little easier on the line & masts-will keep you posted...