Sodus 1-6 Report

Finders Keepers

Got on the ice at O'Dark thirty and set-up in my honey hole. Before I could set-up my third hole the first flag went flyin'. Iced a nice 6 lb pike. Got the rest of my spread out and it was a steady bite until about 10am when they shut off (or so I thought). Ended the day 6 for 6 on pike (6, 8, 8, 9, 10, 10 lbs), and a few keeper perch, although I only did about 20 minutes of solid perch fishing, the rest of the time I was trying to thaw back out after fighting the pike. It was BRUTAL out there today with a 20+ mph wind! When I pulled the tip-ups I found 4 of them twisted up and knotted (so they had to of been a good 8 to 10 ft off the bottom) and the other had no minnow on it. :@ So that last hour could have produced, but none of my lines were in the strike zone apparently. Re-strung them tonight by the wood stove and now they are ready for action tomorrow when Woody and I head out to do some damage and find that 15+ lb'er!! :clap:

Hey GV - Sorry I didn't get back to you, I missed your post. :$ Anywhere around the islands has been productive for pike. The Perch have been hit or miss, but if you can put in a full day, you'll come away with some keepers (you may just have to work for them though). The south end of the bay has seen some great bass action with occational pike and steelhead and hit or miss with the perch: great one day, super slow the next.