Coated rigger cable

chowder

• 2 weeks later...

Chowder, whats you opinion on that whole coated cable? I understand you have to have it for the depth raider, but doesnt it get frustrating when the coat wheres off the cable? I use a cannon speed and temp, but, i seem to loose signal because of blow back...with the depth raider, does that happen at all..signal loss?

Losing the coating off the cable isnt that big of a deal. Every season before the boat hits the water one of the things i do is cut back all of my rigger cables and reattach them and because of this every year i start fresh with my coated cable. MAYBE one more time during the season i cut my coated cable back and reattach it. It tends to be the last 1.5' that tends to get damaged. i fix it in "fear" that im going to lose signal the next time out but truth is ive never seen the negative effects of losing the coating off the cable. I have my probe setup so it is detachable from the rigger, no waterproof tape, lots of bare metal showing, and absolutely no problems.

I have the same story as Legacy. Never had an issue with the coating, not that I haven't had some come off now and again, it just doesn't seem to hurt the peformance at least with the sub troll. The only guy I know thats had an issue was because he ran his rigger (cannon) at a 90 instead of straight out the back. Like above I have a removable probe set-up with exsposed metal but haven't had a problem.