Salmon stamp for fishery costs

Time Out

I used to snowmobile alot. I mean every weekend going up north. if there was no snow here, driving and riding hundres of miles in a weekend. I put enough money into the upstate aconomy to put food on alot of tables up there and the warsaw area also. but when they raised the registration there were alot of normal joes who said screw it and didnt register there sleds, witch in turn led to less people getting insurance also. for me i would pay it thinking well it was going back into the trail system, but the average joe was going to pay almost 100 bucks a year to register his sled to ride around his house mabie not at all in a year? I havnt had the sleds out in 2 years, and part of the reason i knew with work i wouldnt be able to go up north if we had a week winter so i wasnt going to shell out that kind of money for one good weekend. And now they want to dip into the fund? I would hate to c the same thing happen with a salmon tax stamp. i know they have it in alaska, but i have a gut feeling the money is used up there towards something we would as fishermen agree on. Same thing as that bill that got turned down where they wanted us to register all our long guns for i think 50 bucks each? i dont even know how many guns i own lol. next ill have to register all fishing polls over 6ft long and a ten cent luxury tax on all single hooks and 15 cents on trebles. There will always be death and there will always be taxes, but come on. cut back on welfare of something