seneca 2-21-10

Bob and I decided to try and shake some fever, took the 10.2ft bass hound out on seneca today, wind was picking up fast, we were able to get one landlock in the boat off the rigger 20ft down on a NK spoon. We tried the flasher and fly rigs out..I think running these are an art, at which needs to be perfected. Any tips?

I think our biggest problem was the wind! When you have to time your balance and the throttle to the white caps, you know the fishing can't be that great! :D When we first got out it wasn't too bad but the wind began to pick up pretty quick.

Luckily we didn't have to rely on the life vests we were wearing however I wish I had worn rubber boots like lb88 had. Feet were sitting in 4" of seneca water in the boat! Two other boats on the water and they got skunked.

LB88, I think we just need to get out there in the "real" boats. When I got home, I put the upper outdrive gear housing back together. Actually went pretty quick and easy. Probably means I did something wrong. I have to pick up some marine grease tomorrow and maybe I'll finish putting it all back together. T-minus 34 days to boat on the water!

Oh and LB88 isn't sure if the fish we caught was a brown or a landlock..... :lol::devil::D

Bob you and LB88 can jump on my boat in the next couple of weeks and I can help ya with some flasher and fly info. Bob how big was that Brown :D . I am going to have to get you out to show you how to use that truck full of gear you are going to get on the 28th. Sean