Best Kicker Control Cables?

landingzone

I'm going to replace the throttle & shifting cables going from my T-8 Yamaha to the control box near the helm. They are 3-4 yrs. old & quite hard to operate. I think much of the reason is due to many changes in direction and somewhat tight turns. I plan to smooth out the approach as much as I can but I was wondering if anyone has used cables that they thought were particularly smooth in tough applications. I see lots of ads and each claims to be better than the other. I'm looking for real experience.

Thanks, Dick

Dick,

Mike at Mikes marina was telling me about some cablest summer that you can put some serious bends in without any problems.

Unfortunately I don't remember who makes them but you can give him a call. Might be worth it because he was really impressed with them.

Glen

Get the Teleflex TFXTREME cables.These are the easiest to move cables on the market.I've used them on my last two kickers,(T8 Yamaha)and they are worth the few extra bucks.I also use the same ones on the I/O.

They are silky smooth,and you can make much tighter bends with them and get far smoother action over the standard type cables.Most marine supply houses carry them.

Currentlly,I'm running them in 18' lengths on my T8 Yamaha on my 23' seacraft. I had to make some pretty tight radius bends,but they perform perfectly.

http://www.teleflexmarine.com/document/ ... 5_1071.pdf

Check out the prices thru a local Honda OB dealer, they used to be the same as the Teleflex TFXTREME, but were priced lower thru Honda than thru Teleflex, they are all Ive ever used on inboard installations and they are silky smooth, I havent bought any for a few years, so hopefully they are still the same