cabela's spectra fiber down rigger line

I just bought some of Cabela's spectra fiber depth trac downrigger line has anyone had any luck with this stuff im putting it on a couple lake troll manual downriggers I actually bought it by mistake but after reading the reviews they were all pretty good. any thoughts?

Do yourself a big favor.....send it back!!!! I tried it on one rigger last summer. It lasted less than an hour. No hits on that rigger so I pulled it up and I swear I have never seen so many fleas :o:o I'm pretty sure they coat that crap with flea glue. I stripped it off after one troll and threw it in the garbage can! I'm not smart like you, and I failed to ask questions before testing it.

It was kinda like buying a new dipsey, flasher and fly and then throwing it in the water without hooking it to my line......bye bye hard earned money :D:D

To make matters worse, you've got manuals. Now we don't know each other, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you ain't gonna like cranking up that 10 or 12 lb rigger ball from 100 ft down to find you have 49lbs of fleas attached to it this summer :)

Hello Guys, besides the fleas how is the line, don't fish to much in summer. i just bought 2. ??????? what should i do? :(

Everything they said plus I tried it on the small riggers for Oneida because of the claim that it reduces cable hum.....It doesn't!!! I ended up making slider sets for beaver trapping with it...works great as long as your not fishing with it.

Wonderboy,

If you never fish around fleas, it might be OK. I didn't have it on long enough to really test it. If there are ANY fleas in the lake you fish though...I'd pass on it and save yourself the hassle.