I'm looking to get out early this year and head to the BAR. Could any one offer any suggestions on what to use spoon, rapalas, flies and what colors to use? Thanks I appreciate the help. Hopefully we'll do better than last year. Oh, I also broke down and invested in a copper set up. I will be learning how to use that as well. Only time will tell!!

Thanks

Tony (Slapshot)

If you are going to the bar I would use the Pilsner, Lager, Shot Glass,Manhatan are all good. Throw in the Chiken wing, Peperonie pizza. Or a bind herring or the pickled egg if you are brave . As for flies ,the bar types are somtimes good. The Flashy pinball or pooltable in green can be fun. Seriously a summertime program works off the red can & riggers & planners work on it. Run stuff just off bottom for both kings & laker. Colors vary w/ water color which can be influenced by winds on Lake ERie. Fishing can be hot at times. 20 fish days are commons.Get a map. Get Canada lic. if you want to fish all of it or go in front of the Welland canal.

Thanks Yankee, as I will be trying this for the first time. Although, I fished out of Olcott a bunch of times last year with not much success, but at least I'm trying. I should get lucky at one time or another.

Thanks

Tony (Slapshot)

Tony, if you want salmon I would start out at the red can which is about 5 miles out of the mouth. It goes from 45'- 120' real quick and keeps getting deeper. Depending on the day it might be spoons, paddles or spindoctors. Bring them all and keep trying till something works. Usually a starting point for me with four rods is two spoons on the dipseys, spin doctor on one rigger and the deeper rigger usually has a paddle and a fly. Colors are pretty standard greens, purples, white spindoctors and red paddles. Just a starting point.