How to mark copper line

• 3 weeks later...

I used a technique that is similiar to what is used on a bow string. I took dental floss and made small continues knots on the copper and than covered them in clear finger nail polish. Seems like it is going to work nicely. Oh and it is also I nice minty green color :lol:

TD

Go to Officemax and buy a super-permanent sharpie the rest is self explanatory I hope. Or if you really want to make it difficult go to Radio Shack and buy small heat shrink tubing and take your lighter and do it up right.

another tip (for real tis time) if you color code each section (length) use different colors so you know how much you got out and write on pole what color is what....mine is marked every 100 ft but shure as heck someone will call as your letting out and youll forget where your at or after 1/2 hr youll be scratching yer head as to how much ya got out .....when the fish start showing at a certain depth then ya can let out or reel in to get in the zone.... boy im smart just thought of that.......... 8) now i gotta color code mine ............"""HINT HINT TOM ATOMIC"""

another tip (for real tis time) if you color code each section (length) use different colors so you know how much you got out and write on pole what color is what....mine is marked every 100 ft but shure as heck someone will call as your letting out and youll forget where your at or after 1/2 hr youll be scratching yer head as to how much ya got out .....when the fish start showing at a certain depth then ya can let out or reel in to get in the zone.... boy im smart just thought of that.......... 8) now i gotta color code mine ............"""HINT HINT TOM ATOMIC"""

I count the passes on the 345 (w/600') to determine feet out. Bit of a pain but it works.

get two points 100 feet apart in the yard, and with reel in hand walk it out back and forth. put the numbers on the reel. Call me crazy.

Usually dont have to bother counting tho, its all out or its not... :beer: