Preferences ?

I have talked with several people back home here that frequent the lake. They all have mixed opinions of course on where to fish. My dilemma is whether to fish the Oak Orchard area OR travel further to the Nigara Bar. One person thought the bar would be better suited for any posing weather threats with my rig. I have a 21' deck boat with a 115 out. handles waves decent but not great like a deeper V-hull would. Any suggestions. Wherever I go I am going to book a long weekend either the end of April or first weekend in May. I also see thats when the Spring Derby is so I may reconsider dates but for now that's when I'm planning. This trip is a trial run, My wife and boys will be coming on the next one hopefully Middle of May. Not knowing the lake I'm looking for help.

I'm with Glen. The Oak is a fabulous port, especially July-Sept, but the Bar is THE place to be early in the season if you want to catch Kings. There's a reason why lots of the Oak Orchard charter boats run to Wilson & Olcott for the month of May!

Here's a shot from my 1157C from last May in Wilson. Those are all Kings!

DSC00326.jpg