Where to launch this Saturday

I'm looking for some advise as to where to launch this Saturday. I have launched at Fairhaven before and can get to Fairhaven, Oswego, or Sodus all within an hour. I'm fairly new to fishing Ontario and this will be my second trip on my "new to me boat". The new boat is bigger than what I am used to and don't want to launch at any hard to launch spots. I obviously would like to launch where my best chance of catching fish is :)

Thanks for your help and input.

We launch in Mexico Bay. I'm not all that familiar with the area; we come up once ayear from Connecticut and stay in Pulaski. But the launch in Mexico is nice and its sheltered; you're about 150 yards up a river so you can put in, fire up and prepare in a calm, sheltered area before getting under way. We catch kings in 70-100' off the blufs in May (just to the west) Take a look on google maps, look for Mexico Point Marine Park. Hope this helps.

The State park in Fair Haven has a wide paved launch with ample dock space to tie off and plenty of parking. There is also a smaller public launch at the end of king rd. but not paved or deep and parking is along the road.

There are several launches open, Port Bay was recently dredged out, Sodus Bay, Mexico or Fairhaven. I dont think Wrights landing is open in Oswego yet. Theres also the lighthouse marina in Pulsaki. We fished near Sodus this past weekend and did very well. We fished Sun afternoon in Mexico Bay and caugh a few but it wasnt as good as it was out west. Find the warmer water and hit it hard. Good luck

As of last Saturday night:

Lighthouse Marina in Port Ontario did not have any docks in yet.

Mexico Point Launch was still silted in on the lake-side launch lane and you would not be able to launch in this lane, use the opposite lane. The docks were not in up the middle yet or the bathrooms unlocked.

Maybe this has changed during the week.

Fair Haven State Park was a great launch when I fished there last year, just a few hundred yards and you're to the lake. Plenty of space to tie up on the walls to make ready or tear down after the trip.

Good luck,

I told you where to go to catch fish this weekend., on my boat :o;)

Hey Wayne don't sink the thing 1st time out :lol: Wayne just troll the shallow waters and watch your temp gauge for warmer spots and keep an eye out for stained "pea green" water. That's what's gonna hold some fish. Good luck and give me a shout if ya have any questions while your out there.

354-7700 good luck :yes: