Species Breakdown:browns

Hot Lure: rapala 9/orange dream weaver super slim

Trolling Speed: 1.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 12/35 feet

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

It was a very nice day to try out my new home built planer boards and tower.

the fish were stacked around the creek outlet between 12 and 20 feet. So all I did was experiment with the new boards.This time using lead core.

The first hit came at 25 feet outside of the bay outlet on a dreamweaver .It taught me that six pound test leader is not strong enough for what is out there.The second hit was in the same area on the other line within a minute of the first one with the same result. I feel bad about fish with lures hanging out of their mouth because of my poor decisions.

Out at ship builders I had changed everything over to 17 pound test and, after going back and forth, three decent but by no means big browns were caught and released.

All in all a very pleasant morning in T shirt weather on the lake.

It seems that the water level is about 2 feet lower than it was last year at this time.

====================

Nice work!

About the water level, I am not sure if I have ever seen it so low in early April. I wonder if our lake water level gets increased at some point in the spring.

We went out on Saturday very late in the morning 9:30 a.m. - noon. Only managed one steelhead with a pink thunderstick over 25 FOW.

Tons of fish were marked in 30 FOW in front of Ibay. After reading Thurmond post, they got to be mostly lakers. Tried several spoons but no dice. I did not even bring flasher and flies on board!

Tight lines.

PH

Nice work!

Tons of fish were marked in 30 FOW in front of Ibay. After reading Thurmond post, they got to be mostly lakers. Tried several spoons but no dice. I did not even bring flasher and flies on board!

same here lots of marks like thosands! but no bite on the spoon! i thought maby perch or bait? can anyone confirm what they might be they were stacked up solid on the bottom 10 ft in 30-40fow for a good mile in front of the bay?!? i didint think LT were that picky!