Total Boated:5

Species Breakdown:Browns, Lakers

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2-2.2

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

Took Skipper19 and some of our family members out for the first fishing trip aboard my new boat. We fished west around Johnsons creek and targeted 8-12 fow where we found some nice colored water from last weeks rain, and the rough water on Saturday. We took 2 browns off the riggers about 5 down and 50 back. Both Fish hit stingers in the glow frog and nbk patterns. We decided to check out the deeper water as we didn't have much time and picked up another brown off the planer board on the way out on one of Marks rainbow yozuri stickbaits. We fished our way back to port in about 70 fow and picked up a couple fat lakers, one which hit the stingray size nbk on the deep rigger, and the other fish on the new chrome/crush glow with green dot spin doc with the new captains cove Atomik Frozen Frog Fly. Both of the lakers went back to be caught another day. All in all it was a nice short trip on the water and it felt good to catch some fish on the new boat. Sorry about the late report as I was waiting to get pics resized but that isn't working out. Good luck out there- Mick

====================

Was a great time out there Mick....er... I mean Captain. Was nice to get out since my tub was still in prep for the season. The new boat ran great Mick, and was roomy enough for all five of us to fish comfortably. Dan's first laker was a treat for him, he never even seen one before. Amanda was happy with her sore arm the next day, her laker was a real bulldog on the wire diver. Both lakers were 13 to 14 lb class, and real healthy. They were both on the line at the same time, Mick scrambling with the net, sliding around on wet fishy deck and crashing on the engine house was a special treat.

Any one looking for a trip out of the Oak, Mick can get the fish and has a great boat to do it from.

I will see if maybe my daughter has a way of emailing me the pics and I can maybe post them from here.

Mark

I don't know how true it is but when I asked at Lakeside State Park a couple weeks ago I was told nothing is going to happen with the launch until the state passes the budget. I don't know all the details but it doesn't sound good to me. The budget being passed probably won't happen until July(if at all!!!). Like I said I don't know all the details but this would not help out all the businesses around the Oak at all if the west side ramps aren't opened. The east side ramps and parking lot can only hold so many trucks and trailers. :@:@

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I know the county launch lot can get real crowded, that's why we've been using the west launch for years. Hopefully our wonderful(?) legislators can maybe get something done. Oh, I forgot, they're always on some kind of break or vacation! Guess I better not hold my breath. I guess this is what we get for increases in licence fees..LIMITED ACCESS. Hope they ALL get voted out this november.

CAPTAIN MIKE,

Good to here everything went smooth on the maiden trip, I got my boat back today from getting repairs done, some more work on the floor and hopefully have Four Kings in the water and docked soon. See ya up there and Good Luck.

Tight Lines,

Four Kings

Any slim chance the docks are in at the state launch (west) yet? Planning on hittin' the water tomorrow. Shakedown time and maybe some cohos/browns. I'll launch out of the county launch if I have to but always prefer the better parking to the west.