Jax Report Ibay 4-22-10

Was able to get out today for a few hours with 1 of my regular crew and a co-worker who is going through some rough times with a divorce. I wanted to give his mind a break and there is nothing better for that than fishing!

Motored out of Ibay around 7 and headed west about half way to summerville pier swung around and set up. Waves forcasted were 2 ft or less -- actual waves and wind were a bit different. Fished a variety of colored stickbaits off the planer boards and some spoons on the riggers staggered at 3 and 7 ft, 40-60 ft back. The stickbaits were stretched back 125-150 ft. We had real steady pick of cohos with some browns and a rainbow thrown in till we pulled rods around 11. I think we ended with 10 to the boat dropping another half dozen. I made my friend reel in a majority of the fish which was awesome to watch-

Nothing hot and heavy except for losing a much bigger fish that took one of my stickbaits after a few voracious head shakes and taking some serious line. :@ Who knows what it was..... There are a pile of cohos from the west pier in Irondequoit towards summerville and again on the other side towards shipbuilders- GO GET EM!!

My friend had a great time on the lake, He said that its the first time he got his mind cleared for a while and wants to come out again! The next time it will be for kings! Nothing huge today all football browns 4-5 pound mark the cohos were a little smaller. The waves built throughout the day to 3s-4s so it was good we were getting off early.

Off to the St. Catherines Scotty this weekend and boy are we eager to get some kings on the deck and cash a check!! Look for mine or yankee trollers tweets under the LOT section throughout the tourny weekend!!

Good luck to all that get out