THANKS Hank!

FX

Got out to Port Bay Wed night, for the 2nd Annual LOU weekend. Fishinman Tom showed up bright and early Thur morning, but it was a little too rough to fish , so we launched my boat for a shakedown cruise in the bay. She ran good for a little while , but then the temp gauge started to climb so we headed back and put her back on the trailer figuring we wouldn't be fishing out of her for the weekend :@ . We took the boat over to Hank's (L&M on the board here) and told him of the problem. I could see he was in the middle of a motor job where he was hoping to get the motor back in the boat today, and had a couple more he was workin on as well. He figured it was probably the water pump and he would see when he might be able to get to it :( . Musky and Dennis showed up shortly and we decided to go over to Sodus and get something to eat. When we got back, Hank had the motor in the one boat, another boat moved out of the way and mine backed up to the shop and was workin on it! Needless to say, I was very suprised :o . He "got her done", we launched her again and she ran good :) . We ended up being able to fish out of her Friday and Saturday and she co-operated better than the fish did ;) .

Hank routinely goes out of his way for people, so they can salvage a trip and have some fun. Not only in instances like mine, but also here on the board, giving out free and accurate advice and not expecting anything in return. I certainly didn't expect to be fishing out of my boat this weekend and am very thankful Hank was there and did what he did. :clap: As many of us like to support the "Mom and Pop" places out there, let's not forget that the small marine repair shops need our support too. Hank, and shops like his, are "old school" and tell you like it is and have alot of knowledge and experience. They aren't out to "upsell" you, or perform $500.00 worth of work for $750 or just do what it takes to get you out the door, but more likely to make sure everything is ok with your rig. I highly recommend Hank. He is a great guy, extremely knowledgable and worth the trip out to Port Bay. :yes::yes:

Thanks again Hank - I owe ya one!

Shawn

Ill 3 rd what fx said but now hanks gonna need a bigger door to fit his head through......even went as far as to fill up the motor (water) barrel in jan to test and repair my 4 hp before my fla trip (muffs dont work on this motor).. then it took him all of 30 sec to determine the problem (weak leaky coils) but with my proffesional help (hank whats that thingy do?) he got er purrin in no time... so ill bare my "bald spot" and take my hat off to him too ....THANKS CURLY

I'll fourth what the guys said. I was having trouble losing gear oil and Hank figured out the problem in nothing flat. He also found 2 factory defects in the outdrive and steering box and repaired them. He definitely knows his stuff and is a great guy to talk to about "old school" techniques for fishing Lake Ontario. Kudos to L&M Charter & Marine Repair (Hank), this Bud's for you!!! :clap:

Hank possesses a combination of tremendous knowledge with a no nonsense 'get it done right with no B.S.' approach. On top of being a top notch marine mechanic, Hank is one of those rare people you meet in life that really cares about others. -Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Got out to Port Bay Wed night, for the 2nd Annual LOU weekend. Fishinman Tom showed up bright and early Thur morning, but it was a little too rough to fish , so we launched my boat for a shakedown cruise in the bay. She ran good for a little while , but then the temp gauge started to climb so we headed back and put her back on the trailer figuring we wouldn't be fishing out of her for the weekend :@ . We took the boat over to Hank's (L&M on the board here) and told him of the problem. I could see he was in the middle of a motor job where he was hoping to get the motor back in the boat today, and had a couple more he was workin on as well. He figured it was probably the water pump and he would see when he might be able to get to it :( . Musky and Dennis showed up shortly and we decided to go over to Sodus and get something to eat. When we got back, Hank had the motor in the one boat, another boat moved out of the way and mine backed up to the shop and was workin on it! Needless to say, I was very suprised :o . He "got her done", we launched her again and she ran good :) . We ended up being able to fish out of her Friday and Saturday and she co-operated better than the fish did ;) .

Hank routinely goes out of his way for people, so they can salvage a trip and have some fun. Not only in instances like mine, but also here on the board, giving out free and accurate advice and not expecting anything in return. I certainly didn't expect to be fishing out of my boat this weekend and am very thankful Hank was there and did what he did. :clap: As many of us like to support the "Mom and Pop" places out there, let's not forget that the small marine repair shops need our support too. Hank, and shops like his, are "old school" and tell you like it is and have alot of knowledge and experience. They aren't out to "upsell" you, or perform $500.00 worth of work for $750 or just do what it takes to get you out the door, but more likely to make sure everything is ok with your rig. I highly recommend Hank. He is a great guy, extremely knowledgable and worth the trip out to Port Bay. :yes::yes:

Thanks again Hank - I owe ya one!

Shawn

I would absolutely have to agree with what everybody else has said here :yes: the guy has done so much for me for so little that it's almost embarrassing. I know that I owe him still and plan on making good somehow in the future just for all the PM's and phone calls I have bothered him with in the past (and probably will again in the future :o:$;):lol: ) that he took time out of his busy day to answer :yes:

the only thing I would dis agree with would be in Shawn's little story about going to Sodus for something to eat :wondering: Sure we ate but we went there in the 1st place because Shawn has this little problem (a lot of us also suffer from it too)............. He wanted to buy more tackle at the tackle shop :o:rofl:

HANK YOUR #1 and #99 too :lol:.. That makes you 100 :D

The only problem ive had with hank was when i sent him a check for something,

on the envelope i wrote little love notes lips,hearts, and kisses (small town with a smaller post office) :lol: .... well for some reason "my little hanky" felt the need to get even with a few pranks of his own ,when i least expected it :o . ........so if you send him some hugs or kisses (on the outside of the envelope) :o:rofl::rofl: ,,,,,dont let him near your truck unattended.. ....................................................

so heres a long distance dedication to my HANKY ----- :* ------- :inlove: -------- :inlove::* -------- :lol: ............................hank your du man !!!!!...............................................or are you?????

Love , Ray K.