how to win the derby

Howdy all,

There's a picture of a large lake trout hanging on the wall of Doug's in Skaneateles. I think it might be a 14 lber. Anyway, the caption with the picture tells how a smaller laker was found in the belly of the big fish when it was cleaned.

That should be reason enough to stop there and have a sandwich while you look at the picture.

Rusty

Whenever I boat a "larger" Laker I always am a little surprised at the size of the fish's mouth and teeth. The fishs mouth opens to nearly the circumference of it's body. I think it quite likely that a 10-15 pounder might gulp down a fish a foot long. I have never fished a very large plug, but am tempted to do it sometime this summer. My guess is to fish deep and very slow with a 3 way swivel and a big sinker.

My son doubles over laughing whenever I drag some monstosity lure on the boat....then takes great pleasure in sharing the story ( with some exageration ) with his fishing buddies.... they all guffaw and split a gut as my son goes on and with his half truths :D:D:D:D Guess who over the years catches the biggest Lake Trout....( Hint ) That would be me

• 2 weeks later...