Three Rods per Man

Hunting deer with a butter knife? WOW!!! Thats why we need so many laws, Because some knucklehead will be smart enough to try it or worse. I think about my fellow sportsman not needing all these laws to do the right thing. With wisdom like that , I guess I am a dreamer. Watch the dogs & cats!

The sporting laws of NYS are set as maximums. If it says you can use a high powered rifle to hunt deer then you can legally use "up to" that high powered rifle. i.e you could use a lower powered rifle also.

The laws says you can use to two lines per angler. It doesn't mean you have to use two lines. The same applies to the 3 rod rule. As Jeb found out that charter was comfortable with 6 rods so he'll probably never use 3 rods per client.

The creel limit is 3. You can quit after one or two if you want. How many quit after 0? How many devoted fishermen move to another port after they get skunked in one port? (a lot)

Helping others is what it's all about. Us regulars will make return trips regardless because we've caught some fish. Others probably won't return due to lack of sucess out there. Our fishermen numbers have gone down. If we can get "others" to make return trips, then the overall fishery will benefit.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I am not sure that adding the third rod will greatly improve my success.As a single boater,I have a hard time to keep 2 rods in the water and steering the boat at the same time.

In order to set up a program I use a trick I learned tuna and blue fish fishing.I use an umbrella rig on a wire line.This gives me ten lures in the water with only one ,which looks wounded, with a treble hook business end.

This enables the single fisherman to have a "complete program" and stay within the current laws.

I like to think that I catch more fish that way.

Just google "umbrella rig" to see what I mean.