Barney's Day 1 and 2

Day one we stayed south end from bolton pt to crowbar pt and played in the waves and among the debris. We boated 30 plus small LL and Browns ( 6 or 7 were keepers- all released). all on planer board /stick bait or shallow riggers and stickbaits. We fished for the first season Renosky "crytalina" stickbaits and they worked great. Never tried the deep water.

Day 2 we headed north did very little on the east shore from Meyers to Miliken. Made the trip to the west side and headed back south through rocky dock and down to Tuaghannock. Found tons of lakers hitting our spring 09 waypoints. Fish came on Green on green flasher fly (rollin rock by BW) , white on white wonderbread S/D and fly. Out 180 and 240. Our riggers got a workout too. 65 and 75 feet down New purple R&R spoon w/ a green lightening bolt on one and R&R Barney Spoon on the other. Two nice 5lb landlocks on the 10 color w/ stickbait. Most lakers were in the 5-7 lbs range and one nice one 10Lbs even. (paid for gas for the weekend).

Not the showing we wanted and hoped for some larger browns and LL but can't complain.

Mower

We really pounded the fish up north yesterday w/ some back to back doubles & triples, but just couldn't find one bigger than our best from day 1 . Fortunately our best day 1 fish held on for a third place finish, so we got back our entry, paid for the gas and actually even made some money! Most consistent combos were the 500' & 600' copper w/ gator/black widow/diehard spoons out in 250-350 FOW. Riggers & divers were luke warm most of the time both days (even w/ the same spoons we were running on the copper and long leads) except when the fish seemed to turn on (11:00-1:30, both days). When the bite was hot, spinnies & flies hammered the lakers.

I have to say that the best part of this weekend was spending two days hanging with my son Elliot on what he calls the "floating man cave".Thanks to everyone who put time into planning & pulling off this event.We had a blast! -Andy

great job guys :yes: i run riggers and wire lines, no copper. thanks for the help out there andy, i forgot my cell phone on sunday, and didn't get your number until too late. i have your number now, and i'll pm mine to you. we'll have to git together and fish sometime.