seneca 5-22 SKUNKED

fished seneca today from 700-1:30. only manged 1 strike on the wire that came up empty. we started at lodi, fished across to severne, then worked our way north. we hit 60 fow out to 360fow. couldn't mark any bait fish or any suspended fish. wtf! where did all the fish go? a very humbling day to say the least... -Dave

Now I don't feel so bad. I did one laker in 3 hours in dresden friday night, and went zero for zero :o today out of watkins glen. Whats happening? Is the lake starting to setup? If I remember right it did this last year just before the derby. I haven't been able to get much going for a couple weeks now. :(

Today was bad all around. No electric start on the boat, had to pull start it, got it narrowed down to the solenoid, Lost a spinnie and fly on the bottom, ;( get it up on plane coming in and the alarm goes off low oil in the resivoir (2 stroke) Hope it gets better next weekend.

If it was easy it wouldn't be fun. Relax :beer::beer: we'll get'em next weekend when it matters.

Ha....now I feel better too. I had my GF, my father, and his wife out. Been bragging about all of the big fish I've been catching.

Anyway, fished Cayuga North End from about 7:30 - 1:30 and went 2 for 4 Lakers. One was 2lbs and the other 5.5 lbs. One dipsy, one rigger. Rigger at 90 and diver at 350 feet on #2.

I did start the day off by slamming 7 Pickerel in about 20 minutes trolling just to make sure we got some fish in the boat.

Lake was pretty much too nasty in the afternoon to keep fishing.

IT WAS REAAAAALY SLOW TODAY!!!

Here in Central Pa it was slow also ....took out a few friends and we went 2 for 3 .....I was humbled also .....must be the moon phase , at least thats what I going to blame the slow day on ...... :D:D ....See you guys Friday for the DERBY....Mark

Yes interesting, I was scratching my head Friday night 5/21 also. :no:

Launched at Geneva with my son Brian at 6pm and ran south to 90-100fow. marked fish top to bottom and pulled all the usual suspects that worked last spring in the same spot..not a touch!! This is not my typical Seneca experience??SKUNK!!

Then it down poured on us before we loaded up at 8:30 :@ ...I'll be back for you mr.laker!!!

Very interesting.... I spent a few days fishing Seneca - Wed-Sat. Seems like all I could catch was small lakers - some not even legal, and it dropped off later in the week. I did manage a 7lb LT yesterday though. Lakers came in 70-80 FOW.

Sawbellies are in close to shore at night, and small lakers are around the docks at dusk as well.. Seems a little early for that..

Maked very little bait the whole time....

Things are changing!

Tripleduece and I went out 5/20 after work from 3:30 till dark and only picked up two lakers all evening. We only saw a few bait clouds but other than that the finder was quiet. We were on the west side south of severn. Picked both of them up on s/d and fly one on a dipsy and one on copper.

fished seneca south end today guys, managed 4 landlocks (went out at noon) one of the landlocks i would like in the boat next weekend!!!:(

i know from what my buddy is saying, he is a diver on seneca, said that the water calrity down deep is starting to get dense. so, i believe the lake is turning for sure! hopefuly we dont get this skunks feeling next weekend. then again, i could hope you guys do and i dont!!!! :lol:

Hope to see some nice fish and some fellow fisherman!