ok guys and girls i would like to go out and catch a laker or 2 this weekend but i really have no idea where to start...im workin with basic equipment (manual down riggers and a hand held gps) and i have a couple questions to maybe help boost my odds of getting one. i have spin docs and flies and more freakin spoons than NK, so what im wondering is what colors are generally good, how long should i go with my leads, and what is a general speed range to try? any help i can get is much appreciated! from what i gather most guys dont target lakers really, but i think they look sweet and would like to cross them off of my list of things to catch.

Thanks again, Mark

70 ft - 90 ft from Wautoma to the Nose. They are scattered all the way down the lake. Fish flashers and flies 10 - 20 feet off the bottom or slow the boat down to 1.0 - 1.8 and troll cowbells and peanuts or cowbells and spin-n-glows on the bottom.

anything green and or chartreuse....10 ft off the ball 5 ft off the bottom....speed anywhere 1.7 to 2.5.....dont be afraid to drag ur balls on the bottom, even put ur boat in neutral and lets ur spoon flutter down.... you try this and u'll catch lakers...

BA..... Direction of troll can be huge due to E-W current.... if you have down speed, you'll know what's up...... if you don't..... pay attention to direction of troll and rpm when you're catching fish (and when you're not) and like the other's have said.... with cowbells/peanuts, fish dead dog slow..... 1.1 - 1.5..... good luck.

thanks a lot for the help guys i really appreciate it!! we're headin out for our first trip of the year saturady. it sounds like i have all i need to hook up, so now i just need to go spend some time and figure it out. This site is mint!! we never used to have much luck when we would troll the big o but since ive been on here it has really helped a lot! I still havent had a day where we just tore em up, but if we catch just one it makes the whole trip worth it for us. i will report on how we do. Thanks again!!

mark