Yes, some pictures of the tail tell the story for sure. You can see some "V" in the tail. Although it's not a big "V", it's typical of the larger Altantic tail. Definately not the tail of a big brown. And the irregular shaped spots of an Atlantic are very visible in the last photo. Thanks for sharing the rest of the pics

ABSOLUTELY AN ATLANTIC, i take back what i said :). From the other pictures the colors seemed lighter and more like a browns, but these 2nd set of pictures you can definitely tell by the slightly forked tail, and the colors seem darker....how long was that fish in the cooler before you took the other pics? It seems like the top band of color seemed to lose its color, and fade a bit but maybe it is just me haha. Heres a pic of an atlantic my buddy and i caught this spring, he started the season off right, our first hit of the year....Not as nice as yours though :( but still a beautiful fish.

uN8BS.jpg

Thanks fhf, that is a very nice fish as well. They are all nice!!! Paul I really wanted her to mount the fish, and I called you for the details but she wasn't in the market for it. Thanks for the reply, maybe next time.

Ray, try weighing in your carp this weekend :lol: ....fish ID cards are a real plus for the tourny :P ....and I don't want to hear of anybody's goat on the trunk of yer car during deer season neither. OMGanothershortfatbaldone....huh?

Mark,

GREAT ATLANTIC brother !!!!!!!! Sorry i am late on post just thought this was another Pro-Am topic in disguise :P

Hey how did it fight???? Top 10 ft of water or Short runs deeper ? Just curious.

Thanks for so many great pics. I know were to go get secret stash of Atlantic pics now for Atlantic come back article PART II

Jerry

Runnin Rebel

Jerry, actually the fish took a good run away from the boat but never really surfaced. Lois was reeling the fish and she thought for a while that the fish was off because of the slack on the line and she was not cranking with a lot of speed. (penn 209) slowwww. but I had her reel as fast as she could and sped the boat up a mph to help cause I had a sneaky suspicion that the fish was charging towards us suddenly. Sure enough the fish almost landed itself. It really came fast to the side of the boat, but after netting it, the fish really became active, thrashing all over and knocking stuff out of the racks under the gunnels etc. So it was a quick battle without a lot of runs. It did however stay mostly in the top water as you mentioned. Thanks for the great article by the way, I cloned it earlier in this thread for help in better identifying the species.

Mark

Ray thinks this is a secret Pro Am thread....just watch out for the buffy guy carrying around ole bugle lips, the carp.I hate to think about the combination of that :o:$:rofl: