need opinions

Walleymagic.

I have the same boat and just put on a 2010 yamaha 9.9 high thrust four stroke motor two weeks ago. I have been only able to troll 2 times with it and so far it has been great. Easily pushes the boat and only sips the fuel.

So, my recommendation is the yamaha 9.9 high thrust.

Ray

I'll second the Yamaha. We have an F8 on our 22' Chris Craft. Pushes it great, top speed is about 6mph. Had my buddy mention last time out that my motor was quieter then his Honda. Too boot, he has the exact same model boat. So I can't imagine that trolling is any different. Easiest starting motor I have ever seen. It sat all winter and it took 2 pulls to start.

Keep your eyes open on eBay. We got ours last spring on clearance from a dealer in MO. To our door it was about $1800 brand new in the box.

I run a T8 Yamaha high thrust on my 23' Seacraft.Two seasons now and it performs flawlessly,and pushes the boat(5500lbs)effortlessly.I love the power tilt feature.

Any Yamaha or Honda high thrust 8 or 9.9 will do the job nicely

I regularly fish on a 23 Grady Gulfstream(the wide body model) with a covered t-top and a 9.9 Mariner 4 stroke pushes it around Lake Erie with no problem so while a high thrust would be nice, it is not necessary.