Canandaigua 6/14 South End

I was able to get in the water around 4 or so. I motored up to the condos and zig zagged back down the east side. I didn't see the numbers of fish high in the water column that have been around in the past 10 days or so. I was able to pick up 2 small bows on a blue J-9 and a black / silver Rebel that I returned to the water to grow up some. The riggers were quiet all day - I don't know where the lakers have gone!! Can any of you help me understand the normal routine for the lakers on this lake? Do they spread out over the entire lake in the summer or follow a consistent path to the middle, north, south etc??

I fished the northend this midmorning until 400 pm and we only did one laker and we took him 80 down over 115 fow on a yeck spoon. That was it for us for the day, I threw the kitchen sink at the lake today I tried everything and thats the best I could do.. We marked a few bait pods and very few fish.. Most fish were around 30-400 foot down but would not take anything...... Dale

Hi Tom

I wish I could give you some waypoints but my GPS is acting up and I cannot get it to connect.

If I had a log book I could share some dates, but I don't have one of those either. Black Point to the condos on the west can hold fish, but that time frame from my memory banks is August. In early July I would set up near Pelican Point and work to Long Point on the east side, there is a yellow cabin and sailboat on mooring near Long Point. If you want to take me out I will show you some "other" spots too. A very early trip would be in order to get to the fishing spots before light, (my navigation lights are not working) my best days on Canandaigua Lake have come very early in the morning and in July and August. We will hammer them, right now it is a waiting game for the thermocline to set up. If I went out Saturday morning I would run small spoon program off riggers orange, red, and green/silver. Maybe wire with attractors just to bring the fish into the spread. Good luck, I should be out Sunday morning.

Hi Mike, I was sure you could offer some direction here, thanks for helping out.

We were out Sunday in the foggy rain south end and didn't mark concentrations of fish either. There were marks from 20 right down to the bottom at all depths. Never saw any bait to speak of anywhere. Yes fish seem scattered so a few here and there and long pulls between. The pickerel were biting at first light in the weeds off Woodville though.

Nice gentleman at the launch in a huge bayliner said fishing has been slow but offered some advice: "sutton spoons not too deep and slow troll em"...he said you can't troll slow enough right now. Guess I need to stop in and pick a few up. Oh well off to Cayuga till this lake sets up.

Hey Dale, you and Tim should be gearing up for the Kings pretty soon. :yes:

Trout yup Timmy and I are working on getting ready for the summer program.. Tim is rigging a new boat and we are planning a some Pro/Am action with Coup if he finishes up with the strike in time.... How have you been doing on Cayuga Lake.....

Dale, only been one time, very windy. Trolled around Dean's a couple weeks ago in the waves/wind. No trout that day just a boat ride. Last june the RR Spoons and phoebe's did very well in there all wire diver rigs down 50-75 every where. the salmon like the stinger spoons 25 feet down any color really.

May do Dean's in am or try Geneva again.

Good luck with the tourney fishin. Chris