Copper and Dipsy off the same side?

Had a lot of luck with both copper and dipsys last year. I would run the copper off one side and dipsy on the other. Now i am getting greedy and would like to run a copper and dipsy together on both sides. Was wondering if someone could give me some advice on the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Dave,

You can run them off the same side. I run 2 divers per side and one copper. I run the copper off the otter boat a ways off the side of the boat. I rig my divers first and then let the copper out the back and clip it to the board and send it out on the board. If you let the copper out slowly, you will not have any issues.

Gambler,

With 2 dipseys per side what do you set them at and is there a certain amount of line letout that you maintain, ie inner dipsey out 250, outer dipsey no more than 200 out?

I'm assuming you also are running a downrigger below these correct?

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't matter how you set it up, on occassion you're going to have a copper nightmare, especially in rough water. In fact, it happened to us last weekend on a flat lake. Letting stuff out slow can minimize chances of a tangle, for sure. We've found that putting the copper out first off the boards, then letting out the dipseys works well...it just seems easier to control the dipsey, plus if it tangles you'll know immediately. The copper can fool you, you'd think it's okay, but there's a big loop and it's spinning into a ball of knotty goodness. Keith's project this week was to untangle about 150' of copper and get it back on the reel.

Still, it's an effective spread and probably worth taking the risk under most conditions. Fish hard or go home!

Gator