Silver Fox Sandy 7/10 & 7/11

Saturday we had a half day charter, but after coming back to the dock 2 different times to drop off the "green" ones it only lasted till 10am. We didn't end up fishing for much more than a couple of hours total between trips to and from the marina. Ended up doing about 6 fish with a 10 & 13 year old tag teaming a 20# king being the biggest. Not much more to tell ya on that messed up morning.

Sunday Rob (Legacy) joined us for some derby fishing till about 12:30. We fished the first couple hours in the 50'-70' range and did a few browns, 4 skippy kings, atlantic and a 10# coho. All were taken 50'-60' down on gator & nbk stingrays.Then we turned north looking for bigger fish and found that the most productive water for us was around that 250' area. We boated about 6 fish w/ a 20# & 27.5# kings being the biggest. Divers @ 200' and 240' were the best w/ a live wire spin doctor w/ a no see-um Fox fly. Took a couple of bows 60' down on the riggers and lost one dandy bow that put a great show on till the wire got in the way! The big king came 80' down on that same spin doctor fly combo. I still have not fired my down the shute copper yet this year and when the lead core is out instead, thats been quiet too. Is it only me or are the junk lines not producing that well this year? No complaints the fishing is awesome!

Back out at some point this weekend. Good luck. :yes:

I have fished out of my boat and friend boats this year and I have been joking the lead core hasn't gone off once but it seems everytime we run it out bam a fish hits on something else and he comes the tangles. Last year we caught quite a few on the lead this year nothing so far. Although a couples times out the temp was too deep for it and we couldn't run it.

Kinda funny you say that Scott pulled the 400 copper all afternoon on Sunday and it only had 1 hit with nothing there. Ended the night having had a BAD case of the drops. 4 for 9 with only 1 decent fish.

Was a pleasure meet you and Dad at the docks on Sat. AM

Steve

hey Scott .... I fished with Kara on Saturday in my boat, and I think we landed 12 or 14 fish....... Sunday I fished with Joe and his B in L George, and it was about 20........ I can't remember the last time we had such good fishing out of sandy for so long a period of time......

We struggled to find the big kings though...... lost a couple, just couldn't keep them hooked up.. Couldn't find a brown over 10 lbs...... or a steelie over 12....... what a problem to have.....

Big Fun.....