dunkirk 8/7

times two

The way the wind was howling last night at 11 pm. there is no way I would have

believed we would have gone today....BUT....wind backed off and once the remaining

roll settled out, it was almost too calm this afternoon.

Fished 85-100 fow, just west of the harbor. Boxed 13 eyes, and probably honestly

lost another 6 or 7; plus 2 lakers and the usual assortment of sheepshead, perch, etc.

All rods went today.... rigs at 55-60 on WD mojo and purple sunrise, and a watermelon

harness; big slides at 155-165 with a blue/silver harness and a blue/silver Zman chatterstick; 10 color with a Kaboom diver and a green 5" chatterstick and the boards

at 220 wiith little slides and harnesses.

Nice job, I have never used the chatterstix although I am thinking of giving them a try. Erie is the only place I've ever heard of them being used. What is the prime time to hit big fish out of dunkirk? I need to give that pond a go one time. I fished the evening last night on Otisco and took 11 eyes all 3-7lbs. Mix of renoskys, taildancers , and reefys.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Landshark:

We've had an awesome year! Loads of fish on the graph every day; sometimes more

cooperative then others.

Finally moved off the inshore structure and are fishing the suspended fish. Seems like

it takes a day or two to settle after a blow, but its been steady. Majority of fish inside

seem to be 3-5lbs; bigger fish farther out, but not as many.

Last 3 times out we've had 3-4 fish in the box before we get the rods all in; but the trade

off has been a lull about 9 am......

John