wallker downrigger how heavy a weight

We have two walker Downriggers, electric on our boat. we asked an experienced fisherman on how heavy our downrigger weights should be. He said 15lb. So we went to Screwy Louies and bought two torpedo shaped weights. The problem now is that the swivel that attaches to the weight below the release is starting to stretch out of shape? Which is a bit worrysome. So did we do wrong? or should we just replace the swivel? or replace the weights with something lighter? Thanks for any input. Maisie

Sounds like you are talking about the crimpless walker terminator that has the release built into it like the blacks release. I've used that one and the walker crimpless terminators without the release with no issues. However, I'm usually using 13 pound weights but with my wingers, I'd say I'm creating at least as much pressure on the swivel as the 15 pound weight. For my probe rigger, I drill out or cut off the rivet and replace the swivel with a heavier one using a small bolt and locking nut through the hole were the rivet was.

I use Walker electrics on my boat with the 15lb torpedos that I too got from Screwy Louie's and the riggers handle them just fine, go with a bigger snap swivel and you should be fine. Mt Walker's are newer with the faster motors though so please take that into account.

Jim