Sandy Creek Shootout - with guns?

Northstar Sportsmens Club offers one of the nicest facilities in Upstate New York for shooting clay targets in a 5-Stand format. 5-Stand is a clay target game similar to Sporting Clays, except that shooters are positioned at 5 permanent stations, and clay targets are thrown from automatic traps at 7 or 8 different locations in front of them, from all directions, angles and speeds. 5 targets are attempted at each station in a round, for a total of 25 targets.

If there's enough interest from the picnic participants, I'd be happy to open the 5-Stand range at the picnic. Target cost is $6 or $7 per 25, plus supply your own ammo in 12 ga. or 20, shot size 7 1/2, 8, or 9........ IC chokes or tighter would be plenty for these targets......

The range would be opened after the weigh in was complete, and into the "socialization" and feeding period.... Of course, NO ALCOHOL consumption would be permitted prior to shooting...... If you're interested, reply here, or send me a PM and I'll post a "GO or NO GO" message next thursday based on the response.....

Looking forward to meeting folks at the "shootout"!

There seems to be enough interest to do a little shootin'.

So If you're going to be at the picnic/awards for the Sandy Shootout.... and you'd like to do a little tuning up for September Goose...... bring your favorite shotgun and a box or 2 of target loads, and we'll break some clays!

Shootin' won't start until after the awards and drawings, .......sometime after 4... and if you're shootin', no boozin' til' the shootin's done..... :beer: